McKEESPORT, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto volleyball team dropped a PSUAC road matchup to Penn State Greater Allegheny on Saturday. PSUGA claimed a 3-0 (25-22, 25-22. 26-24) close victory over Mont Alto.
Inside the Box Score
- Kylee Gooding (Warriors Mark, Pa. / Tyrone Area) connected on a team-high 11 kills as the freshman also contributed 14 digs.
- Sophomore Alyssa Roberts (Newville, Pa. / Big Spring) picked up 11 assists and 10 digs.
- PSUMA dropped to 15-5 and 6-2 in the PSUAC West.
How it Happened
- It was a back and forth contest within the first set with PSUGA jumping out to the first lead at 11-6. They held on as PSUMA got as close as 23-22 before Greater Allegheny took the first set 25-22.
- Mont Alto jumped out to a 5-1 lead. But the home team responded with a run that forced a timeout at a 11-6. PSUMA clawed back but it was too little too late.
- It was another close affair within the third set as PSUMA forced the win by-two scenario, but Greater Allegheny pressed the issue and was able to hold on and completed the sweep with a 26-24 win.
Mont Alto is back in action on Sunday when they take on the University of Valley Forge on Sunday, Oct. 6. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m.