SHIPPENSBURG, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto volleyball team rolled to another PSUAC conference win, this time they took all three sets over New Kensington on Wednesday at the Heiges Field House at Shippensburg University.
How it Happened
- Mont Alto won by scores of 25-12, 25-10 and 25-12. Other than the first combined 10 points of the first set, Mont Alto played with relative ease building double digit leads within all three games.
- It was a pretty even hitting performance for the Nittany Lions with the team combining for 22 kills.
- Sophomore Breanne Byers (Chambersburg, Pa. / Chambersburg Area) led the way with five, while Kylee Gooding (Warriors Mark, Pa. / Tyrone Area) chipped in four and Rachel Manikowski (Mercersburg, Pa. / James Buchanan) as well as Kirstyn Black (Saint Thomas, Pa. / James Buchanan) finished with three kills.
- Mont Alto made the most of several offensive misplays by New Kensington especially in the second two games.
- It was one of the defining factors of PSUMA who made the most of them along with 17 service aces. Four different players finished with three or more aces for Mont Alto.
- Defensively, Melanie Tracey (York, Pa. / Dallastown Area) had 12 digs.
Up next, Mont Alto will hold a tri-match against Penn State Greater Allegheny and Christendom College on Saturday. The team hosts the Lions for a conference match at 1 p.m. and the Crusaders at 5 p.m.