MONT ALTO, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto women's soccer team came out inspired within the first half and their five goals within the period powered them to the 6-3 win over Hagerstown Community College on Tuesday. Tori Stouffer (Orrstown, Pa. / Cumberland Valley Christian) scored a hat trick within the first half as the leading scorer now has 10 goals on the season.
Inside the Box Score
- With the non-conference win, Mont Alto improved to 5-5 on the season and will enter the heart of their PSUAC slate in the upcoming weeks.
- PSUMA held the 26-13 advantage in shots with the team placing 15 on target.
- Natalia Molina (Fredrick, Md. / Urbana) and senior Maddie Shirley (Biglerville, Pa. / Biglerville) tallied a pair of assists apiece.
- The team has scored 16 goals within their last two matches.
How it Happened
- Maddie Shirley (Biglerville, Pa. / Biglerville) opened the scoring at the 10:44 mark when she blasted the ball into the back of the net. Just under five minutes later Stouffer got on the score sheet to put Mont Alto up 2-0. Both goals were assisted by Natalia Molina (Fredrick, Md. / Urbana).
- Shirley then sent a through ball that Tori Stouffer (Orrstown, Pa. / Cumberland Valley Christian) connected on for the break away goal. She then scored her hat trick in the 32nd minute when she struck the back of the net off of a rebound.
- Micki McCutcheon (Etters, Pa. / Red Land) won the ball back just outside of her 18-yard box and scored an unassisted goal to give PSUMA the 5-0 lead going into halftime.
- Hagerstown Community College used the break to regroup and their spirited attack led to three goals all of which occurred seven minutes into the second half. It was a MaryAnna Black (Mechanicsburg, Pa. / Cumberland Valley) effort that put the game away for good in the 53rd minute when her shot found the roof of the net.
Next up, Mont Alto travel to Penn State Scranton for a conference match on Friday, October 4 at 2 p.m.