MONT ALTO, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto softball team completed its four game series with Penn State Fayette on Saturday with the visitors winning each game, but the final two were by one-run scores. Mont Alto dropped the first end 3-2 and fell in the eighth inning by a 4-3 score.
Prior to start of the halted game on Saturday, the Penn State Mont Alto softball team honored its seniors as of part of Senior Day with Krista Feaser (Shippensburg, Pa. / Faith Tabernacle), Helayna Thomas (Biglerville, Pa. / Biglerville), Dara Murray (Greencastle, Pa. / Greencastle Antrim) and Monica Fleshman (Gettysburg, Pa. / Gettysburg) were honored for their accomplishments within the classroom and on the field.
Penn State Fayette 4, Penn State Mont Alto 0
- Both teams managed five hits apiece but, Tiffany Marvocitch was able to avoid trouble for Fayette as she tossed the shutout in the pitching circle. She managed eight strikeouts.
- Fayette scored one run apiece in the first, third, fourth and sixth innings. The final run was scored on a Madison Knight fielder's choice.
- Brooklyn Wagner (Newville, Pa. / Big Spring) and Delaney Wagner (Lewisburg, Pa. / Lewisburg Area) both accounted for two hits apiece.
Penn State Fayette 16, Penn State Mont Alto 2
- Fayette built a 3-1 lead before adding seven more runs in the top of the fourth inning. The Roaring Lions earned the mercy as they scored five insurance runs in the fifth frame.
- Mont Alto scored in the bottom of the inning on a Delaney Wagner (Lewisburg, Pa. / Lewisburg Area) double. Ally Hawkins held on as she was credited with giving up one earned run in the win.
Penn State Fayette 3, Penn State Mont Alto 2
- Brooklyn Wagner (Newville, Pa. / Big Spring) got her team back in the game with a two-run homer to center field in top of the fifth inning. But Fayette who served as the home team responded with a sacrifice fly in which Aubree Yates scored. The run turned out to be the game-winner as Fayette held on for the 3-2 win.
- Katie McCauslin (Biglerville, Pa. / Biglerville) was solid in the pitching circle as she gave up three on six hits.
Penn State Fayette 4, Penn State Mont Alto 3
- Both teams scored a pair of runs within the first inning. Both Wagners crossed home plate for PSUMA with Brooklyn scoring on an error and Delaney on a passed ball.
- Neither team scored again until the top of the fifth inning when Mont Alto plated a run on a Delaney Wagner (Lewisburg, Pa. / Lewisburg Area) fielder's choice. However, Fayette responded with an RBI single in the bottom half of the frame.
- PSU Fayette scored the winning run in the bottom of the eighth inning on a Madison Knight double.
Penn State Mont Alto (8-24, 5-15 PSUAC) concludes their season on Monday, April 22 with a home doubleheader against Penn State Schuylkill. Game times are slated for 3 and 5 p.m.