Mont Alto, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto softball team snapped an eight game losing streak on Friday in a dominant 7-1 win against Penn State Greater Allegheny. In game two of the doubleheader Greater Allegheny came back from a 5-0 deficit handing PSU Mont Alto a 9-5 loss.
Penn State Mont Alto 7, Penn State Greater Allegheny 1 (F)
- Penn State Mont Alto (3-10, 3-10 PSUAC) out-hit the visitors 13-5 and Alyssa Munns tossed a gem striking out five as the lone PSU Greater Allegheny tally was unearned.
- Munns, Krista Feaser, Alexandra Zombro, Kayla Carbaugh and Kaitlyn Whiteaker each had multi-hit games for the Lions.
- Alyssa Munns and Kayla Carbaugh each had three RBI's in the game one win.
- Penn State Mont Alto opened the scoring as a part of a four-run third inning. Cassidy Feaser and Krista Feaser each came up with one-out singles and Munns doubled homed the sisters. A batter later, Kayla Carbaugh singled to center field to put the Lions up 4-0.
- Mont Alto added a pair in the fifth inning and added an insurance run on a Munns single up the middle in the top of the sixth inning.
Penn State Greater Allegheny 9, Penn State Mont Alto 5 (F)
- Penn State Mont Alto opened the scoring in the top of the second as part of a five-run frame. Kayla Carbaugh drew a walk to open the inning and Kaitlyn Whietaker doubled to left center field to score Carbaugh. Paige Repp singled to score Whiteaker and senior Brianna Glatz made it 4-0 on a two-out, two-RBI single.
- Penn State Greater Allegheny answered in the bottom of the third scoring three runs on four hits.
- Allyssa Munns took the loss as she came in relief of Cassidy Feaser.
Penn State Mont Alto returns to action after the Easter holiday on Monday, April 17. The Lions host Penn State DuBois for a doubleheader.