Mont Alto, Pa. - The Penn State Mont Alto baseball team lost a pair of conference games to Penn State DuBois on Monday afternoon. Mont Alto nearly mounted a comeback in game one, scoring four unanswered runs, but fell 7-4. In the nightcap, PSU DuBois used a seven-run top of fifth inning and won 11-5 to complete the sweep.
Penn State DuBois 7, Penn State Mont Alto 4 (F)
- Penn State DuBois did most of its damage in the top of the second inning scoring six runs within the frame. The Lions got to starter Lowell Singer for six hits within the inning.
- After allowing seven combined hits in the first and second innings, Lowell Singer composed himself and only allowed three the rest of the way as he also fanned five batters across seven innings of work.
- Colby Black was steady atop of the Mont Alto lineup drawing two walks and also scored a run and produced an RBI. Black stole two bases and leads the team in steals with 15.
- Black, Matt Taylor, Jeremiah Younker and Cory Chatfield each recorded RBI's.
- The Lions had seven hits in the loss and were led by Spencer Meyers who went 2-for-3 at the plate.
Penn State DuBois 11, Penn State Mont Alto 5 (F)
- Penn State DuBois opened the scoring in the top of the first. Garrett Brown drew a walk, stole second, advanced to third on a passed ball and scored two batters later on a Talon Falls double to right centerfield.
- Mont Alto tied it up at 1-1 in the bottom of the third inning. Matt Taylor crushed his second career homer and first of the season.
- PSU DuBois made it 10-1 scoring nine combined runs between the fourth and fifth innings. The Lions scored two in the fourth on a Corey Butler one-out two-RBI single to right field and scored seven an inning later on five hits, which forced Mont Alto starter Spencer Meyers from the game.
- Penn State Mont Alto answered in the bottom of the fifth inning scoring four runs on five hits. Colby Black scored on a passed ball and Jeremiah Younker drove in three runs on a homer to left field. Younker's three dingers leads the team and ranks fourth in the PSUAC.
- PSU Mont Alto tallied 11 hits in the loss including four extra-base hits.
Penn State Mont Alto returns to action on Wednesday, April 19 for a non-conference doubleheader with Hood College. Game times are slated for 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.